Wednesday 11 July 2012

Wireless Festival 2012













Hey Beautiess,

Sorry for picture overload, but y'know!

So this weekend has been pretty eventful for me! I lost my festival V and had one of the best weekends I've had since my birthday. Despite not having been on holiday yet this year, I've been pretty lucky and have had some amazing weekends this Summer.

So Wireless, wow. What a weekend. If you know me or follow me on twitter, you will know that I am a huge fan of the R n B genre. I like a range of music but when it comes to a festival, I was unsure whether I would enjoy the ones I had heard of, as I am just not indie enough! However, when I heard the Wireless line up, I knew this was the one for me. Drake and Rihanna headlining, along with Nicki Minaj, Wiz Khalifa and J.Cole. I'm sold! I can appreciate that a lot of people don't like this type of music but I personally couldn't have asked for a better line up for my first festival!

Before I headed down to Hyde Park in London where it was all happening, I obviously needed a festival wardrobe plan! As I have never been to a festival before I knew the most obvious thing is going to be wellies. I have wanted a pair of Hunter wellies for a while now and as we have so much bad weather in the UK, I am guaranteed to get my monies worth! I am mad for the baby pink ones, but just my luck - they were all sold out the week I went to get them. I ended up buying the bottle green Hunters, which were my second choice, as I like the traditional welly colour and I figured these would go with a lot of my clothes.

I searched high and low for a waterproof jacket to take with me (last minute, mind you!) and ended up buying one in Miss Selfridge thanks to Chelsea from Through Chelsea's Eyes ! Ta girl ! It was a bright pink and sure to keep me at least a bit dry. Then me being me, managed to leave it in the bag on my bed. I sometimes astound myself with my stupidity. Anyway, I wasn't forking out for another jacket when I was in London and I ended up buying a Primark special for £9.00! It did the job so I can't complain. Now to decide whether to still keep the Miss Selfridge one....

I opted for my Topshop leopard print dress for the first day, then Levis shorts and crop top for the second day. The weather held out pretty well on the first day, it was just the second day that couldn't make it's mind up. I must have took my rain poncho on and off about 10 times! I didn't manage to get too soaked though, just a LOT of mud. When I saw people arriving in brand new high tops, I genuinely thought 'are they serious?' their shoes must have been ruined by the end of it all!

I was loving the festival fashion. Even though I had never been to a festival before, I had previously loved looking at peoples pictures online of their festival outfits, and couldn't wait till I got the chance to have a go at my own! The pictures above show some of the acts outfits and I was especially loving Jessie J's, Rita Ora and Ri 's festival get up! I can't say I would wear Nicki Minaj's outfit but she pulled it off well and was amazing live.Overall an incredible weekend - I just want to do it all over again!

Has anyone else been/going to a festival this year?
Did anyone go to Wireless festival?

Peace & Love 


SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I REALLY wanted to go to wireless, it looks amazing, totally my genre of music too. Love your outfits

    misskirstymarie.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing ! You must go next year :) Thank you xoxo

      Delete
  2. Looks like you had a lovely, albeit muddy time :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You lucky thing! Looks like you really caught the sun too! (Third Picture up) I wish my face would tan!

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! haha aw its just bronzer ! xoxo

      Delete
  4. so jealous you went! loving your outfits really like that long necklace too. hope you had a great time x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, I had an amazing time :) xoxo

      Delete
  5. Love your outfit choices, definitely need that leopard print dress in my wardrobe! I'm so jel you went to wireless the line up was amazing, I'm off to Global Gathering and I'm praying the weather gets slightly better haha.

    Love your blog, new follower :)

    Kathryn x

    http://frivolousprettythings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! It's a topshop number ! Aww amazing I hope it clears up for you !

      Thank you ! I am a new follower of yours too :)

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. oh this looks sooo amazing and you look so cool! xxx

    www.megsbudgetboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you ! I had a really good time :) xoxo

      Delete
  7. I was at Wireless too and it was my first festival also ahaa I've blogged about it too xD
    I wish I'd bought a waterproof coat I got soaked :') You look lovely :) xoxo

    http://mypalaceofalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh really ! I will have a look at yours too ! oh no ! It was pretty bad on the Sunday wasn't it! Thank you :) xoxo

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) xoxo

© Ashleigh G. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig