Thursday 5 April 2012

How I Wear My LBD

Hello lovely ladies!

I'm guessing EVERY girl owns some sort of LBD right? They are such a staple wardrobe item and one of the greatest fashion innovations! If you don't have one already, you should definitely invest, as they are an all season round essential ;). Make sure when you buy one it is well-fitted so you are guaranteed to wear it throughout the seasons. Whenever I am having a nightmare over what to wear, I always reach out for my LBD 'cos I know it's not gonna let me down. Basically this post is just showing you how I wear my LBD depending on the occasion :) I know everyone has their own styles and ideas but I just wanted to show you how I wear mine. I have loads of LBD's as I love them and I have also needed them for when working on events. Here I have picked out a simple bandeau dress from Topshop to show you each outfit! So...

1.Daytime/Casual


Dress- Topshop
Denim Shirt - Primark
Converse- Converse

For everyday wear, these are the types of items I would dress with the LBD. I think any sort of plimsoll/converse/hi-top would look cute for day (plus you need to be comfy!). Obviously unless its super warm outside, you are going to need some sort of jumper/jacket. I love this over sized boyfriend shirt as I can wear it open, tied or closed, which all ways look cute. I also think that if it is warm enough the denim jackets with cut off arms looks pretty cool too and if not either of these, you can't go wrong with an over sized cardigan. I would be likely to wear this outfit to go shopping, to the beach and just hanging out with my friends in general. If this felt too plain I would probably wear a floral head band that ties at the side to jazz it up a bit. My favourite way to have my hair is natural and wavy, but any hair style would go with this look.  



2. Preppy/Work




Dress- Topshop
Blazer- River Island
Tights- Primark
Shoes- Manchester Boutique


Although I have categorised this outfit under preppy/work, there are obviously some aspects I would change, but this is just for a general idea. For example, my dress would be to the knee and my shoes would be a lot lower! However, I think teaming an LBD with a blazer is they key to smart and preppy. It instantly makes the outfit look classy. I would team the dress with some tights for work as I would feel more comfortable with my legs covered and plain grey/black/brown Mary Jane heels (not this high though!). As you can see I have tied my hair up into a sleek bun using the trusty hair doughnut! I decided that a pretty floral scarf was appropriate, (you can see in the second picture) as no one wants too much on show for work! I would also keep jewellery to a minimum, just wearing studs and my everyday watch/bracelet/ring.




3. Edgy/Cocktails




Dress- Topshop
Leather Jacket- Zara
Shoes- Office

This is the type of outfit I would wear to go for cocktails or drinks after work/uni. I absolutely love the edgy look, as I think it looks so sexy and sophisticated! I think a black leather jacket is a also another staple wardrobe item, as I have had so much wear out of mine since I bought it last year. I think a leather jacket is also essential when you are trying to achieve the edgy look. I opted for some gladiator ankle boots that I LOVE and feel that this is the best choice of shoe to go with the edgy look. Again my hair is really just natural and wavy and I would probably wear statement rings and my skull scarf to add to the look! 




4. Boho/Holidays




Dress- Topshop
Necklaces- Topshop
Tassel top- River Island
Wedges- Manchester Boutique


Yay my favourite look! I'm obsessed with anything boho and super excited for summer holidays! Anyway, I think that if you are going to make an LBD look boho, accessories are the key ! As you can see, I decided to wear a flower headpiece and lots of summery necklaces. However, I think loooaads of jewellery is necessary for the boho look; Wooden bangles, feather earrings, statement/colourful jewellery- the lot ! Although, I wouldn't wear all of this for one outfit as I would end up looking like a bad version of Ke$ha ! Wedges are ideal for summer which is why I have chosen them to go with this outfit, plus they are super comfy whilst you are partying away in the sun :). In the third picture you can see I have teamed up my dress with a tassel top from River Island. Tasselled items look gorgeous in summer whether it be your dress, skirt, shorts, bag or shoes, they definitely seal the boho look for me!



5. Dressy/Night



Dress- Topshop
Shoes- Manchester Boutique

This picture was taken pre-night out, so I thought it seemed wise to show you what I actually did wear! On a night out I still keep things pretty simple when it comes to an LBD. I always wear platform shoes or wedges when I go out so here I am again in the grey platforms! I also have some statement gold earrings in, but my hair must be hiding them in the picture! I think as much or as little accessories with an LBD for a night out, as it depends on what you like to wear and how you wear it. I personally don't like wearing to much jewellery, just statement earrings and a statement ring/s but we're not all the same :). I wore a pastel pink clutch bag with this outfit, as I was wearing light grey shoes and thought pastel colours or white go nicely together with the grey :).



Sorry for a super long post, I just wanted to explain the looks :) How do you wear your LBD?
Hope everyone is having a great week ! Nearly Friday ! Yayyy :)

Peace & Love

xoxo


SHARE:

44 comments

  1. This is a fab post to show how versatile just one dress can be.

    http://www.rafflesbizarre.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the office/preppy look most! It looks so classy yet stylish at the same time!! Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boho look and the denim shirt look the most! both so casual yet nice

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loveee how you have styled the dress in soo many ways, your blog is just so lovely by the ways, keep up the good work, i will be visiting again very soon hehe :)

    LAST DAY TO ENTER MY TOPSHOP GIVEAWAY!
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the edgy and dressy looks the best. You are so pretty. Love your hair. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks chick ! aww I'm not but it's very nice of you to say so <3 thanks !

      xoxo

      Delete
  6. This dress is perfect! I love the cocktail look and also the holiday one.. makes me want to go on holiday now! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! haha me too ! get me on a plane ! xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love all the different ways you've worn your lbd, you look gorgeous!xx

    http://blamingbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such great style! Love these photos where you see people styling the same item in such different ways!
    happy to be your newest follower! xx
    Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you chick ! & thanks for following ! xoxo ps. think I'm a little bit in love with your pet pig ! cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the different ways you have styled one dress, all the looks are fab and soo pretty! Great post xoxo

    http://fabugloss.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't believe how versatile that dress is! you look gorgeous in every look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how you featured just one dress in such a wide range of looks! the boho feature was my favorite! Your flowery headpiece is amazing! I'd wear that everyday in the summer if I could! Lovely as always! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! I am obsessed with boho ! xoxo

      Delete
  13. looks amazing i love how you csn get so many looks from something so simple :D

    great blog

    www.dream1ncolour.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post, the boho look is definitely my face!!

    Allaboutthegirlblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great style. love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your outfits are just perfect in each of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. like your blog dearrrrrrr,
    keep posting and go for it!!! :):)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post, never thought of wearing my LBD during the day and for casual wear. Definitely will now!

    Rosie
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks honey ! gotta love the LBD :) xoxo

      Delete
  19. Love your outfits, your hair looks lovely xx


    www.misslv.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. omg i love boho and dressy! you look stunning babe!
    and you already have beautiful hair like Cheryl Cole!

    htt://yuliconversation.blogspot./

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks babe! You are too kind ! I wish ! xoxo

      Delete
  21. All outfit are great, you look so lovely with your hair up ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your blog! And you look so good in these pics. Just letting you no i have nominated you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the way you have managed to be thrifty with a simple LBD and turn it into something rather fascinating and great! I love the tassle dress and casual look! @getthriftycouk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) xoxo

© Ashleigh G. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig