Wednesday 18 April 2012

Presents & NOTD

Hello Lovely Bloggers !

So today I have done loooads of uni work and said I wouldn't blog till I have everything handed in. Ooops. I am so bored of it I decided to play around with my nail varnish and show you my new gifts :).

Basically my boy went on a stag do last week and came back bearing gifts! Crazy right!? I thought them kind of things were just lads craic and boozing. Anyway, he very kindly picked me up a lush new perfume and some MAC Lipsticks :).




I have never smelt this perfume before, but it smells delicious. It is called Versace - Bright Crystal and is the perfect perfume for a long lasting smell that lasts all day. The smell is fruity, crisp and refreshing - everything I want in a perfume! It also comes in a pretty pink and silver packaging and the lid resembles a huge crystal :) I am always on the look out for new perfumes and love getting new ones to try (I have quite a collection!). I do like quite a few of the celebrity perfumes but as you probably know, they don't last very long. My ultimate favourite has got to be Calvin Klein -Euphoria as I haven't found one that tops this yet! It is the type of perfume I always go back to and don't mind forking out for, as I know it is long lasting and smells gorgeous.




Top - Viva Glam Gaga Lustre
Bottom- Viva Glam Gaga 2 Amplified

I also got the two Viva Glam MAC lipstics by Lady Gaga. I already have the Viva Glam Gaga Lustre lipstick, but I do use it quite a lot and it is definitely on it's last legs! The other lipstick was Viva Glam Gaga 2 Amplified, which I have never used before. It is a nude colour as you can see from the picture, if you didnt know already. I am not usually a fan of nude lipsticks as I like to wear nice bright colours on my lips, and I HATE the foundation on your lips look...sorry I just do. However, I am getting used to this one so hopefully it is a grower! I decided this cute MAC bag will be perfect for puting my favourite go-to MAC lipsticks in too, as I have so many and I hate shovelling around in my make up bag to try and find the one I want. Luckily this is see through so I can see what is what, overall I am impressed!



So my NOTD :). I have seen this NOTD done on a few other blogs and really wanted to try it myself as it looks really cute!




Sorry the picture of my nails looks better in real life, my camera is rubbish though! You get the idea though :)

Basically all you need is white nail varnish, some sort of newspaper or magazine (I would say it works better with newspaper) and an alcohol hand wipe - I used vodka and a make up pad... same difference! Most girls have used the free ones that you pick up from KFC though. You also need a clear coat to put on once you are done so it seals the ink :).

All I did was paint the base of my nails white, took part of the magazine and placed the written part face down on the nail, then wiped the vodka over and held it down for a few seconds, and voila! Then just painted a top coat of clear nail varnish on top to keep it all in place. Simples.

I didn't have any newspaper lying around, just loads of magazines! I presume it will work better with newspaper, as the magazine has a shiny coating over the writing making it harder to come off onto your nail! Not bad for a first effort though!

Has anyone else tried this? What are your favourite perfumes? Let me know so I can try!

☮ & ♡

xoxo
SHARE:

13 comments

  1. aww thats so nice of your boyfriend! i wish my boyfirend would buy me perfume and mac lipsticks!! haha x

    http://she-shops-alot.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOvely post darling! my all time favourite perfume is Flowerbomb! and I love your NOTD.
    http://glittersmitter5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats so cute of your boyfriend to buy you them goodies! :)
    Love the nails!

    egtx3.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nails and newspaper are such a cute idea! i might try it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely presents! I have that perfume & it's darling, smells so sweet and perfect! I've seen this done on nails but never had it explained! Thanks for the tips! Can't wait to try it out myself! xo, Megs

    http://princesshippielove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its really sweet of your boy to bring you gifts back, he must of been thinking of you :D
    My fav perfume is Dolce and Gabbanna the One, it very rich and heavy, so I only really use it for special occasions.

    OutsideBeautyInsideHealth

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never seen print nails before, they're cool! My fave perfume is actually Fitch by Abercrombie and Fitch, it's actually a male fragrence but I love it and always get complimented ha. Plus, what a gem of a bf you have! nawww

    xxxBxxx

    http://hummingbirdxxx.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You had me giggling at "foundation on lips look" lmao.
    I used to hate nude on lips too, i still only like wearing nude lipsticks in the summertime.
    Your nails came out really neat.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! Really beautiful nails! You have a great idea, sweetie! Good job for you. And, i've share my idea, with my DIY. Please look my newest post. And i hope we can follow each other!

    Have a nice day!
    xx.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've never tried that nail trick before, but i think it looks amazing! and wow, you've got an awesome boyfriend! my sister has that lady gaga lipstick too and she loves it! ;)

    <3, Mimi
    http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
    Poshlocket Giveaway: Win a Shelly Fabric Choker

    ReplyDelete
  11. you are such a lucky girl. I wish I got gifted versace perfume and mac lipsticks as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! I always wantes to know how i can get that newspaper design on my nails!
    I just got one question. How long do i have to wait until i put a part of the newspaper on my nails after i used the base polish? Do my nails have to be dry?

    Thank you for that post. That's something i always wanted to know

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my blog :) xoxo

© Ashleigh G. All rights reserved.
MINIMAL BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig